Australia :almost the champions/page 20/to read and translate the text
7. f) 1. Sue runs faster than me.
2. Andy writes clearer than me.
3. Pablo speaks English fluentter than me.
4. Sorry, I don’t understand – can you speak slower, please?
5. I got 90% in the test, but Jeff did even better than me.
6. Rebecca ran quicker than Alice.
7. Sandra always works harder than everyone else.
8. The party starts at 9.00 – but you can come earler if you want to.
To read the dialogue on page 22
9. b) 1. Joel thinks his dad is enthusiastic about sports. – T
2. Joel’s dad finished the marathon, and Joel was impressed with his time. – T
3. No other runner was slower than Joel’s dad. – T
4. Pete thinks he is better runner that Joel’s dad. – F
5. Debbie and Pete think it’s ridiculous to run a marathon in seven hours. – F
Be an Inventor!Read the text and trasnlate
7. b) 1. Many people don’t know that anybody can be an inventor.
2. The Wright brothers got the idea for builing an aeroplan from watching birds.
3. Many inventors have a lot of talent but they also work very hard.
4. If you give up easliy when you make a mistake, you won’t be succesfull.
8. b) 1. The maths cuetions is very hard, but in the end I got the answer.
2. I woke up at 08:30 this morning, so I get wet really late.
3. Alex stopped playing football, because it was raining and he get to school.
4. My teacher get angry, because I didn’t do my homeoworks.
Read the text on page 16 and translate the unknown words.
9. d) 1. that many people like – popular
2. not be seen – disappear
3. not many times – a few times
4. not very diffirent from – similar
5. a person playing music in a club or disco – disc jockeys
2. d) 1. A: What were you doing when I saw you yesterday.
B: I was waiting for my sister. She was buying something in the shop.
2. A: Who were you talking to when I phoned you.
B: It was my brother. He was telling me about a film he saw on TV.
3. A: Were his parents living in England when he was born?
B: No, they were living in Paris. His father was working as an architect.
4. A: Were you watching TV when I called last night.
B: No, I wasn’t. I was reading a magazine.